What You Will Learn
This course teaches developers the does and don'ts of developing Java client applications. It explores techniques that enable Swing applications under JDK 1.4 to outperform their native counterparts. It examines benchmarking and how to tune the performance of an existing application.
- Swing architecture and performance
- High performance graphics applications
- Java 3D performance
- MVC for high performance applications
- Tools for Java performance analysis
- Bottleneck detection and elimination
This course is designed for practicing developers with experience in GUI development and Swing.
This course includes: 3 days of instruction, a copy of all course slides with full written commentary, all sources to in class exercises and a two reference books selected by the instructor.